For a student to fully complete their academic program, they have to write a biographical essay.
A biography essay can be defined as a paper where a writer recounts the life of another person. The topic chosen should be interesting about a person who influences the people such as statesman, singer, an author, an influential family member or an artist.
As a matter of fact, experts will write your essay if you do not have the time or the writing expertise to write a biographical essay that matches up to the school’s expectations. Below are the structural format for writing a biographical essay:
- Prewrite: Select the desired topic and sketch the specifics.
- Draft: Arrange the happenings of the narrative. Give graphic information to explain a standpoint and background.
- Revise: Use intended and plain language. Make sure your narrative follows your order.
- Edit: Correct any spelling and grammatical errors. The narrative should be in line with how you wanted it told.
- Publish: Get a reaction on your ability to story-tell, and use these comments to help you improve on your writing.
Biographical essay writing guidelines
A good biographical essay does not just talk about the basic facts but will require a writer to dig deep into someone’s life and bring out the interesting aspects such as accomplishments, hard times, and milestones. The essay should show the individual’s personality in great detail as well as a summary of the person’s life in an appealing way.
Biography essay layout
For a biography essay to be outstanding, follow the layout below:
- Introduction. Since this is the first thing that viewers will come across when reading your biography, it should be interesting. You can start by searching for a quote concerning the topic, compose a captivating story related to them, or outline their achievements.
- Thesis statement. This is usually a statement or two that encapsulates the major points, major notions, or major significance of the paper. It is included in the introduction part to illustrate the stand of the writer on the topic. It is also included at the end of the thesis statement to highlight to your readers the major ideas in the essay. The thesis statement should have:
- Body paragraphs: this section contains all the data you compiled when researching.
- Paragraph 1: this section will highlight the birth history of the subject, how they were raised, and life in school from primary up to university.
- Paragraph 2: this section is about the work-life of the subject and other accomplishments.
- Paragraph 3: this section should be about the influence the subject has had on society and how it has impacted them. If the subject is deceased, it should also be included here.
- Conclusion: Give an overview of the key concepts in your essay. A well-written essay will demonstrate how the person’s character has impacted the way of living of the public.
Biography writing instructions
- Get authorization: The first thing to do after selecting the biography topic is to get consent from the person you are going to write about. This will make it easier for you when it comes to researching. However, it may not be applicable in some cases where the person is a famous person or departed. If the person is agreeable, they will offer you specifics about their life in advance that will help in making the story captivating.
- Analyze: As much as you may know many things about the person, do a proper analysis to tell the story effortlessly. Write about the period they existed and how it impacted how they lived. You can use primary sources, which are likely to be the most trustworthy sources, (for instance journal entries, correspondences, discussions, or autobiographies), or secondary sources (for instance magazines, documentaries).
- Frame your thesis: Let your audience know what to expect when they read the biography and the “biographee” will offer all the necessary data to support the thesis.
- Come up with a schedule: A chronological sequence is usually used to outline the major parts of a person’s life. Ensuring that the chronological order of the major events earlier will save you the trouble of having to redo the entire story in the future.
- Make use of memories: A writer is allowed to alternate between, let us say the adulthood of the subject with their middle school life. The use of memories reduces the number of passages a writer will use to bring forth the necessary info about the subject’s background instead of writing down all the background details.
- Incorporate your opinions: A biographical essay does not only deal with facts. The writer is allowed to air their views and sentiments about the person’s life. If a writer comes across something that they think is significant, they can highlight that moment and express how it impacted that interval of time and its significance to the world. This will clearly show why the subject is entitled to be documented and keep the readers hooked till the end.
Since a biographical essay is about a person’s life, accomplishments, and how they impact society given in chronological order, a linear narrative structure should be used. Start with when they were born and finish with their demise (if deceased). Concentrate on particular events that are significant and achievements throughout their lives.
The writing style should be rational, academic style, and following MLA or Chicago style when referencing. To approach more fun, select an individual that you regard in high esteem. This will be seen in your writing style making it entertaining for the person reading it.
Always ensure you mention places that you got the information from. Referencing and citation give recognition of the places you got the data from. It is a very important part of essay writing.
Lastly, do not be afraid to ask for assistance if you need it or find a lot of working tips on how to write a biography essay from scratch. There are many resources online to help you write, but you can also get help from professors in schools who are experts in the field.