What is David Schwimmer’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth:||$120 Million|
|Height:||1.85 m (6 ft)|
|Born:||2 November 1966|
|Country:||United States of America|
David Schwimmer net worth is $120 million. David Schwimmer is an American actor, director, and producer who was raised in Los Angeles and attended Northwestern University to study theater. Before obtaining the lead role of Ross Geller on Friends in 1994, he made appearances on TV shows like The Wonder Years and NYPD Blue.
Schwimmer directed the feature films Run Fatboy Run (2007) and Trust (2010) after the popular sitcom’s ten-year run. Schwimmer has also appeared in theater productions, and in the first season of American Crime Story in 2016, he played Robert Kardashian, a lawyer in the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
Key Facts to Know
- Career began in the late 1980s.
- Earns around $2 million every month.
- Making $25 million per year.
- Owns real estate worth $30 million.
- Owns cars worth $1 million.
- Serves on the Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center’s Rape Foundation.
- Born on his mother’s birthday.
- David Schwimmer earned $22,500 per episode of Friends’ first season when it began airing in 1999.
- Schwimmer believed that everyone in the group should be paid equally for their efforts which eventually amounted to $1 million per episode by the final season.
David Lawrence Schwimmer was born on November 2nd, 1966, in Queens, New York, to Arlene Coleman-Schwimmer and Arthur Schwimmer. His mother was a successful divorce attorney, and he has an older sister, Ellie Schwimmer.
Schwimmer’s family relocated to Los Angeles when he was two years old, and he began his acting career at Beverly Hills High School, where he appeared in school plays such as Cinderella.
He then attended an acting workshop led by the legendary actor Ian McKellen. He later enrolled at Northwestern University in Illinois and graduated in 1988 with a bachelor’s degree in theater and speech.
Schwimmer’s career began in the late 1980s when he auditioned for various roles. He managed to land a supporting role in A Deadly Silence, and then went on to star in films like Flight of the Intruder.
Then he landed one of his first major roles in the series Monty in 1994. His character was praised for being that of a liberal son of a conservative father. He was finally noticed by top Hollywood agents and producers.
Schwimmer’s big break came when he was cast as Dr. Ross Geller in the hit sitcom Friends. The show followed the daily lives of six 20-something American teenagers, as well as their romantic pursuits and other antics.
In 2004, Schwimmer moved on to new pursuits after Friends’ 10-season run. He played the lead role in the independent film, Duane Hopwood (2005), which got mixed reviews from critics and viewers.
He made the transition to full-time director with the 2007 British comedy film “Run Fatboy Run,” starring Simon Pegg as the lead. Schwimmer was even nominated for Best Debut Director at the ‘British Independent Film Awards as a result of the film.
He portrayed Robert Kardashian in the 2016 television series American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson. He appeared as one of the main leads in the series “Feed the Beast” the same year.
- He was ranked No. 15 on Playgirl Magazine’s list of the Sexiest Men Alive.
- The stage adaptation of “The Jungle” that he oversaw at the Lookingglass Theater Company in Chicago, Illinois, earned him the 1991 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Director – Play.
- Friends’ final episode was watched by more than 50 million American viewers, making it the fifth most-watched series finale in television history.
- The Friends show has been named to several lists, including TV Guide’s ’50 Greatest Shows of All Time’ and Empire Magazine’s ’50 Greatest Shows of All Time.’
Schwimmer married British photographer Zoe Buckman in 2010, and the couple has a daughter named Cleo. Schwimmer and Buckman announced their separation in 2017.
David Schwimmer House
Schwimmer paid $425,000 for a Chicago loft in 1998. He initially listed the condo for $1.15 million, but later reduced the price and sold it for $965,000 in 2020.
Schwimmer bought a $5.6 million mansion in 2001, 11,336-sq-ft in Los Angeles’ Hancock Park neighborhood, which featured nine bedrooms, five fireplaces, and a wood-paneled library. The house was initially listed for $10.7 million in 2011, but was eventually reduced in price and sold in 2012 for just under $8.9 million.
Schwimmer Car Collection
- Ford Mustang GT
- Jaguar XK
- Range Rover
David Schwimmer Net Worth
As of 2023, David Schwimmer’s net worth is estimated to be around $120 million. Schwimmer earned a total of $90 million from the show in base salary alone, and he can earn between $10 and $20 million in royalties alone in a single year.
Schwimmer rose to fame thanks to his part in the Friends sitcom in the 1990s. However, Schwimmer’s wealth is not solely dependent on the series Friends. The list of films and television shows in which Schwimmer has appeared is fairly extensive and includes Madagascar, Will & Grace, and the miniseries The People v. O.J. Simpson.
Schwimmer makes money both as an actor and as a director. He also directed the TV series Joey, the film Trust, and ten episodes of Friends. Friends Reunion also paid all five stars up to $2.5 million for a single evening’s work.