What is Anthony Kiedis’ Net Worth?
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Height:||1.75 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Salary & Income:||$25 Million Per Year|
Anthony Kiedis is an American rock musician who has a net worth of $160 million. Kiedis is best known as the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ lead singer. The band’s breakthrough came with their 1991 alternative rock album “BloodSugarSexMagik” which sold over 4 million copies.
Kiedis is one of the most well-known figures in alternative rock as the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Kiedis’ lyrical style has evolved throughout his career; early recordings discussed sex and life in Los Angeles, whereas more recent songs focus more on love, addiction, and loss.
Key Facts to Know
- Kiedis began his career as a child actor.
- In 1997, a motorcycle accident involving Kiedis occurred in Los Angeles.
- Kiedis and his bandmates have received 12 Grammy Award nominations.
- The band has sold over 80 million albums worldwide.
- Achieved widespread success with the album “Californication.”
- Does he smoke? YES
- Does he drink alcohol? YES
How Much Does the Band Earn?
According to Forbes, the Red Hot Chili Peppers (RHCP) will be the 11th highest-paid entertainers in 2022. RHCP has sold over 80 million albums, won six Grammys, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.
RHCP’s Fortune from Album Sales
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers – $300,000
- Freaky Stylet (1985) – $60,000
- The Uplift Logo Party Plan – $500,000 (1987)
- Mother’s Milk (1989)- $1.1 million
- Psychedelic Sexfunk Live from Heaven (1990) – $50,000
- Funky Monks (1991) – $75,000
- Blood Sugar Sex Magik – $8.9 million (1991)
- What Hits!? (1992) – $1.7 million
- Out in L.A (1994) – $126,000
- One Minute (1995) – $2.2 million
- By the Way (2002) – $8.82 million
- Californication (1999) – $14.7 million
- Greatest Hits (2003) – $7.38 million
- Stadium Arcadium (2006) – $6.64 million
- I’m With You (2011) – $1.44 million
- The Getaway (2016) – $1.5 million
Anthony Kiedis‘ Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$160 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$140 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$120 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$110 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$100 Million|
How Does Anthony Kiedis Spend His Money?
- Kiedis has a real estate portfolio worth at least $30 million.
- Kiedis paid $4.8 million for a house in Malibu near his bandmate Flea’s home.
- Kiedis made $560,000 from the sale of his asset, a three-bedroom, four-bathroom Hollywood Hills home, in 1997.
- Then, in 2015, he made $4.2 million from the sale of his 1940s villa in Hollywood Hills West.
- He owns a couple of houses in Michigan, but they are occupied by others and he has never lived in any of them.
- Kiedis has owned several homes in Southern California, the cheapest of which cost more than $3.6 million.
- Kiedis paid $2.6 million for the then-undeveloped beachfront property in 2005. Kiedis eventually obtained the necessary permits to custom build a three-bedroom, 3.5-bath single-story home with sweeping views of the pristine coastline, which is now valued at $10 million.
•Car Collection – 1967 Camaro
•Investments – In 2016, Kiedis and Flea both invested in the UFC.
Anthony Kiedis was born on November 1st, 1962, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to John Michael Kiedis and Margaret Noble. His godfather was Sonny Bono, of Sonny and Cher. Kiedis’s parents divorced when he was three years old.
His father made the majority of his money selling drugs, but he also dabbled in acting. While living with his father, Kiedis was exposed to the Los Angeles club scene, where he saw rock acts such as the Eagles, Neil Young, Deep Purple, and Rod Stewart.
He eventually persuaded his mother to let him live with his father in California. Kiedis moved in with his father in his early youth and soon began experimenting with drugs. He began with marijuana and progressed to heroin, cocaine, and Quaaludes.
By the mid-1970s, John Kiedis, his father, had decided to try his luck as an actor, enrolling in classes and adopting the stage name “Blackie Dammet.” Kiedis began acting under the stage name “Cole Dammet” and even got a few commercials and small parts.
Although Kiedis began his career as a child actor, he soon switched to music. In the early 1980s, Kiedis formed the musical group Red Hot Chili Peppers with bassist Michael “Flea” Balzary and other bandmates while still in high school.
Kiedis and his bandmates have received 12 Grammy Award nominations, with three of them winning. The band has achieved several feats, including the most cumulative weeks at number one on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart and 13 number-one singles.
After achieving minor success with their first albums, the band found mainstream success with their hit album “Blood Sugar Sex Magik” in 1991. Eight years later, in 1999, the band achieved widespread success with the album “Californication.”
Since then, Anthony and the band have had tremendous success, releasing a string of hit albums and being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility in 2012. Anthony is still touring the world with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Members of The Band
Anthony Kiedis, Michael Balzary (Flea), Hillel Slovak, and Jack Irons founded the RHCP in 1983. Slovak and Irons were only with the band for a short time because Slovak died in 1988 and Irons left at the same time.
Later, John Frusciante and Chad Smith joined, bringing the total number of members to four. While Frusciante left the band twice, in 1992 and 2009, he was replaced by Dave Navarro and Josh Klinghoffer, who contributed to the band’s success.
Anthony Kiedis‘ Biography
|Real Name||Anthony Kiedis|
|Age||60 Years Old|
|Height||In Feet – 5 Feet 9 Inches|
In Meters – 1.75 m
In Centimeters – 175 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 82 Kg|
In Pounds – 180 lbs
|Family||Father – Blackie Dammett|
Mother – Margaret Noble
Sisters – Jenny Noble, Julie Noble
Brothers – James Kiedis
|Past Girlfriends||Sinéad O’Connor|
Melanie “Sporty Spice” Chisholm
“Every true artist is at war with the world.”– Anthony Kiedis
Anthony Kiedis Social Media Profiles
Kiedis has never married, but he has had romantic relationships with celebrities ranging from Demi Moore to Hayden Panettiere. He had one child in 2007, Everly Bear. Kiedis had a brief relationship with singer Sinéad O’Connor in 1990.
Then an on-again, off-again relationship with Yohanna Logan from 1998 to 2003, and a two-year relationship with Australian model Helena Vestergaard that ended in late 2014. Kiedis was married to Heather Christie from 2004 to 2008, and they have a son named Everly Bear.
Kiedis and Christie were in a custody battle over Everly in March 2018. He was also in a relationship with Spice Girls singer Melanie “Sporty Spice” Chisholm for a short time. Kiedis claims that there were times when he had over 100 sexual partners.
Kiedis is the author of several books, including his 2004 autobiography, Scar Tissue, which reached No. 1 on The New York Times Best Seller list, and Fandemonium, for which the musical band went on a mini-book tour.
He has dabbled as an actor, appearing in films and television shows such as Point Break (1991) and The Chase (1993). (1994). He co-produced the film Low Down (2014) with bandmate Flea, which is based on the life of jazz pianist Joe Albany.
After a post-concert incident in 1989, Kiedis encountered legal issues. The New York Times reported that following a concert at George Mason University in Virginia in April, he was charged with sexual battery and indecent exposure. Later, he was penalized.
In 1997, a motorcycle accident involving Kiedis occurred in Los Angeles. His wrist and forearm were broken when he was struck by a car while operating his motorcycle. Next year, Kiedis filed a lawsuit against the driver for damages.
As of 2023, Anthony Kiedis’ estimated net worth is $160 million. The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ founder Kiedis is admired for his unique rap style and writing of the band’s biggest hits. He earns nearly $25 million per year through live events and brand endorsements.
He owns many mansions across the United States. His time with the band has significantly contributed to the greater part of his bank balance. Up to this date, the band has released eleven studio albums, eight video albums, five extended plays, 47 music videos, and 44 singles.
The band has sold over 80 million albums worldwide. His work with the Red Hot Chili Peppers has received gold and platinum certification. He acted in a few films and television shows and wrote a memoir, “Scar Tissue,” which became a bestseller.
More Trending Celebrities:
• Andrew Tate's Net Worth • Tristan Tate's Net Worth • Jenna Ortega's Net Worth • Logan Paul's Net Worth