What is Bobby Valentino’s Net Worth?
|Net Worth:||$6 Million|
|Age:||42 Years Old|
|Born:||27 February 1980|
|Salary (Annual):||$500 Thousand Per Year|
Bobby Valentino net worth: Bobby Valentino is an American R&B singer who has a net worth of $6 million. In 1994, Valentino joined the R&B group Mista. In 2005, he signed with rapper Ludacris through his label imprint, Disturbing tha Peace, which is a division of Def Jam Recordings.
In 2005, V released his debut single “Slow Down” as a solo artist which was certified gold by the RIAA and reached a high spot on the Hot 100 list at #8. He has released six studio albums, two extended plays, one soundtrack album, and twelve singles.
- In 2005, Bobby V earned an estimated $810,000 from the sales of Bobby Valentino, his gold-certified album by the RIAA and BPI.
- He earned an estimated $550,000 from the record sales of his gold-certified album Special Occasion released in 2007.
- His third album The Rebirth, which he released in 2009, sold records for an estimated $64,000.
- In 2011, he made an estimated $38,000 from the sales of his album Fly on the Wall.
- His album Dusk Till Dawn brought in an estimated $5,000 from record sales in 2012.
Bobby Marcel Wilson was born on February 27, 1980, in Mississippi and later he relocated to Atlanta, Georgia. He grew up listening to artists like Marvin Gaye, The Isley Brothers, and Michael Jackson.
Wilson enrolled at Clark Atlanta University with a mass communications major. Wilson kept on recording in his spare time while he was in school with the intention of performing again in the future.
When V joined the R&B youth trio Mista in 1996 under the name Bobby Wilson, his musical career officially got underway. The group published their self-titled first album, which featured the number-one single, Blackberry Molasses, produced by Organized Noize (TLC’s Waterfalls). However, because of managerial conflicts, the group broke up in 1997.
Through Island Def Jam and Ludacris’ Disturbing tha Peace label, Bobby V released his debut album, Bobby Valentino, in 2005. Tim & Bob, winners of Grammy Awards, produced his debut track, “Slow Down,” which reached the top of the US Billboard Top R&B Charts.
The RIAA also awarded it a gold certification. “Anonymous,” his second single, is likewise successful. Timbaland, a Grammy Award-winning producer who also made a prominent guest appearance on it, produced it.
Bobby V confirmed in 2008 that he was no longer affiliated with Def Jam or Disturbing tha Peace. Around this period, British musician Bobby Valentino sued Bobby V (then known as “Bobby Valentino”) and his former record company Def Jam for trademark infringement.
In the end, Bobby V agreed to a new contract with EMI, which would house his imprint Blu Kolla Dreams. Furthermore, Bobby V announced the release of a new album called The Rebirth, which features the tune “Beep,” and he also changed his stage name to “Bobby V.” He subsequently went on to release his next album Fly on the Wall in 2011, Dusk Till Dawn in 2012 and Electrik in 2018.
V has collaborated with a variety of musicians on a number of side projects. During the Scream Tour IV, he performed alongside Bow Wow, Omarion, Marques Houston, B5, and Pretty Ricky. Additionally, he appeared in the 2007 episode of MTV’s Once Upon A Prom as well as the 2016 TV movie Hollywood Hearts.
As of June 2022, Bobby Valentino Net Worth is around $6 million.
Awards and Nominations
- Bobby V won the Urban Music Award for Best Male Artist and Best R&B Act (2009).
- He won the BMI Award for the Song of the Year: Slow Down (2005).
- He received the NAACP Image Award Nominations for Outstanding New Artist (2006)
- He received the Soul Train Music Award nominations for Best R&B/Soul Single, Male: Slow Down and Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist (2006).
- He received the Vibe Award nominations for the Reelest Video: Pimpin’ All Over the World (2005).
Bobby V has previously dated Bella Montana and Jhonni Blaze. Rumor has it that He had a romantic relationship with Juliet Ibrahim. Reportedly, Wilson is the father of a child, who was born in 2017.
As of 2022, Bobby Valentino’s net worth is estimated to be $6 million. He started his music career in the mid-1990s and made $5 million alone just from singing. He also earned his fortune from tours, concerts, record sales, and a few film and television appearances.
Few of his albums and singles have received RIAA gold certification, despite the fact that many of them peaked at the top on the Billboard list. He has also been a recipient of various awards and nominations.