Rory McIlroy is a Northern Irish professional golfer who has a net worth of $160 million. He is a member of the European and PGA Tours and was ranked No.1 for nearly 100 weeks during his career. At the age of 25, Rory McIlroy won the 2011 U.S. Open, the 2012 PGA Championship, the 2014 Open Championship, and the 2014 PGA Championship including various other championships.
Rory McIlroy’s Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Age:||34 Years Old|
|Country of Origin:||Ireland|
|Born:||4 May 1989|
|Salary:||$2.3 Million (Current)|
Rory Mcllroy was born on May 4, 1989, to Rosie McDonald and Gerry McIlroy in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland. After graduating from St. Patrick’s Primary School, he went to Sullivan Upper School.
His father is a skilled golfer who previously played at a scratch handicap level. Following Nick Faldo’s demonstration of the proper grip, his father taught him how to hold a golf club.
Every day, his father showed him the Holywood Golf Club virtually. One of Mcllroy’s first favorite teaching aids was a videotape on golf technique by Faldo. Rory McIlroy was the club’s youngest member when he first joined at the age of 7.
Rory McIlroy won his first major international tournament at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Florida, in the World Championship for the 9-10 age group. He began his golf career at Holywood Golf Club, which he still calls home.
Rory McIlroy’s Net Worth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$160 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$155 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$150 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$145 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$140 Million|
He signed a letter of intent to play collegiate golf at East Tennessee State University when he was 15, but eventually declined the scholarship and continued playing Amateur Golf in Europe.
After winning the European Amateur a year later, he made his mark. McIlroy played in the Walker Cup, British Masters, Dubai Desert Classic, and Open Championship over the next three years.
Rory McIlroy began his professional golf career in 2007 when he competed in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, where he scored particularly well. He had entered the top 200 golfers in the world by the beginning of 2008.
At the end of the year, he was the world’s 39th-ranked golfer. In 2009, he earned his first win in the Dubai Desert Classic, moving him up to 16th place in the world rankings. He also competed in his first Masters Tournament that year, finishing 20th, and by the end of the year, he was ranked in the top ten in the world.
In 2010, Rory McIlroy earned his first PGA Tour tournament at the Quail Hollow Championship. He completed 2010 with a world rating of 7th after setting the first-round record on the Old Course at St. Andrews. He was the very first golfer to have won on the PGA Tour at such an early age since Tiger Woods.
Rory McIlroy notoriously blew away winning in the final round of the Master’s Tournament in Augusta, Georgia in 2011, setting the record for the worst score by a professional golfer who led heading into the third round.
Rory Mcllroy rebounded the following year by winning the US Open by 8 strokes over the 2nd spot golfer. Rory Mcllroy was ranked fourth in the world after his glorious win.
In 2019, NBC Sports and Rory McIlroy partnered to introduce GolfPass, a digital subscription service designed to assist golfers in improving their game. The GolfPass platform costs $99 a year.
It includes over 4,000 instructional tips from experts in the United States. McIlroy raced against Paris Hilton in the show’s ‘Celebrity Face-Off’ part in an episode of Amazon Prime’s The Grand Tour in 2018.
From 2011 to 2014, Rory McIlroy dated tennis player Caroline Wozniacki, getting engaged in 2013 and ending their relationship in 2014. He began dating Erica Stoll in 2015. In 2017, the pair married and They have a kid, Poppy.
|Date Of Birth||4 May 1989|
|Income||$30 Million (Annual)|
|Net Worth||$160 Million|
“It is never easy to win but it is a lot easier to win when you play well. The key is winning golf tournaments when you are not playing so well. Managing your game is something that I feel that I am still learning to do.”– Rory McIlroy
Rory McIlroy Social Media Profiles
In 2013, McIlroy founded “The Rory Foundation” with the goal of assisting children who are vulnerable or impoverished. He cited his parents as inspirations while establishing the foundation.,
In 2019 the Foundation was shut down with McIlroy announcing that he would now pursue a “private philanthropic policy.” By participating in charity golf competitions in 2020, he and Dustin Johnson raised almost $5 million for COVID-19 relief funding.
Rory McIlroy threw a club into the water after hitting his ball in the water at the WGC-Cadillac Championship in 2015. He later apologized and said he regretted it. He announced in 2016 that he would not watch the golf tournament at the Olympics.
McIlroy went on to say that he was surprised by its popularity and that he had been wrong to disregard it. He announced his intention to compete for Ireland at the 2020 Olympic Games 2019.
Rory McIlroy is a car fanatic who owns a number of high-end vehicles, including the BMW I3, the BMW I8, the Ferrari F430, the Ferrari F12, the Lamborghini Aventador, the Range Rover Sport, and the Bugatti Veyron Sports Edition.
Titles, Achievements, and Facts
- He was titled the PGA Player of the Year in 2012 and 2014.
- He earned the PGA Tour Player of the Year in 2012, 2014, and 2019.
- He received the Vardon Trophy in 2012, 2014, and 2019.
- He earned the Byron Nelson Award in 2012, 2014, and 2019.
- He won the Race to Dubai champion in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
- He won the European Tour Golfer of the Year in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
- He earned the Mark H. McCormack Award in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
- He won the FedEx Cup Champion in 2016 and 2019.
- In 2020, McIlroy returned to the top of the World Golf Rankings for the first time in four years.
- He was named the “world’s third most marketable athlete” in 2013.
- He was the world’s sixth-highest-paid athlete, with endorsements accounting for the great majority of his annual earnings.
- He’s been labeled RTÉ Sports Person of the Year twice, in 2011 and 2014, for his individual and team accomplishments.
- In the 2012 New Year Honours, McIlroy was named to the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for his contributions to the sport.
- McIlroy works for UNICEF Ireland as an Ambassador.
- McIlroy was also named as an official ambassador for the PGA Junior League Golf in 2014.
- McIlroy supports Manchester United, Northern Ireland, and Ulster Rugby.
- Gary Talent has dubbed him the “most exciting young player in the world.”
Amateur Wins :
- He won the West of Ireland Championship and the Irish Amateur Close Championship in 2005.
- He won the West of Ireland Championship and the Irish Amateur Close Championship, European Amateur in 2006.
PGA Tour Wins :
- 2010 Quail Hollow Championship
- 2011 U.S. Open
- Deutsche Bank Championship in 2012, 2016
- 2012 BMW Championship
- 2012 The Honda Classic
- PGA Championship in 2014, 2012
- 2014 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
- 2014 The Open Championship
- 2015 Wells Fargo Championship
- 2015 WGC-Cadillac Match Play
- 2016 Deutsche Bank Championship
- 2016 Tour Championship
- 2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational
- 2019 The Players Championship
- 2019 WGC-HSBC Champions
International Wins :
- 2009 Dubai Desert Classic
- 2011 Shanghai Masters
- 2011 UBS Hong Kong Open
- DP World Tour Championship in 2012, 2015
- 2013 Emirates Australian Open
- 2014 BMW PGA Championship
- 2015 Omega Dubai Desert Classic
- 2016 Dubai Duty-Free Irish Open Hosted by the Rory Foundation
Rory McIlroy’s net worth is estimated at around $160 million in 2023. Masters Golf Major’s runner-up is all set to take home $1.6 million (£1.2milion). He is among the most accomplished golfers of the twenty-first century.
The Northern Irishman has won four Majors and titles since joining the professional ranks in 2007. He was also titled “world’s third most marketable athlete” in 2013. He gained wealth from tournament victories, tours, and endorsements.
More Golf Players: