What is Maya Moore Net Worth?
|Net Worth:||$500 Thousand|
|Date of Birth:||11 June 1989|
|Annual Salary:||$250 Thousand|
|Monthly Income:||$25 Thousand|
Maya Moore is a professional basketball player who has a net worth of $500 thousand. She had a successful career in the WNBA and overseas. WNBA star Maya Moore has officially announced her retirement from the league.
Moore last played in the league in 2018 and stepped away the following year to help her husband overturn his jail sentence. She has since been named Sports Illustrated’s Inspiration of the Year in 2020 for her activism off the court.
She made her decision official on a Monday Good Morning America appearance, where she stated that she “want to continue that in our next chapter. Be home for my community and family. … That’s what I’m moving into. Hanging it up.”
Moore was born in Jefferson City, Missouri, in 1989. She began playing basketball at a young age and quickly developed a passion for the sport. She attended Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Georgia, where she was a star player on the school’s basketball team.
Maya Moore Career
After graduating from high school, Moore attended the University of Connecticut, where she played college basketball for the Huskies. She helped lead the team to two NCAA National Championships in 2009 and 2010.
After college, Moore was the first overall pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft by the Minnesota Lynx. She has played for the Lynx her entire career, winning four WNBA championships with the team. Moore also plays overseas during the WNBA offseason, most recently with UMMC Ekaterinburg in Russia.
Maya Moore Facts
- She attended Collins Hill High School in Suwanee, Georgia, where she was a star player on the school’s basketball team.
- Moore attended the University of Connecticut, where she played college basketball for the Huskies.
- She helped lead the team to two NCAA National Championships in 2009 and 2010.
- Moore was the first overall pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft by the Minnesota Lynx. She has played for the Lynx her entire career, winning four WNBA championships with the team.
- Moore took the 2019 season off to focus on her family and advocacy work, specifically to help free Jonathan Irons, a man she believed was wrongly convicted.
Moore is engaged to Jonathan Irons.
Maya Moore’s Wealth Growth
|Net Worth in 2023||$500k|
|Net Worth in 2022||$450k|
|Net Worth in 2021||$400k|
|Net Worth in 2020||$350k|
|Net Worth in 2019||$300k|
Maya Moore Awards and Nominations
Maya Moore has received numerous awards and nominations throughout her career for her performance on the basketball court and her contributions to the sport. Some of her notable awards and nominations include:
- WNBA MVP: Moore was named the WNBA Most Valuable Player in 2014.
- WNBA Finals MVP: Moore was named the WNBA Finals Most Valuable Player in 2013 and 2015.
- WNBA All-Star: Moore has been selected to the WNBA All-Star team six times (2013-2018).
- WNBA All-WNBA First Team: Moore has been named to the WNBA All-WNBA First Team four times (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018).
- WNBA All-Defensive Team: Moore has been named to the WNBA All-Defensive Team twice (2013, 2014)
- Olympic gold medals: Moore won Olympic gold medals with the US Women’s National Team in 2012 and 2016.
- NCAA National Championship: Moore won two NCAA National Championships with the University of Connecticut in 2009 and 2010.
- AP Player of the Year: Moore won the AP Player of the Year award in 2009 and 2010.
- USBWA National Player of the Year: Moore won the USBWA National Player of the Year awards in 2009 and 2010.
- John R. Wooden Award: Moore won the John R. Wooden Award in 2009 and 2010.
- This list is not exhaustive, and Maya Moore has received many other awards, honors, and accolades throughout her career.
Maya Moore Social Media
Maya Moore is active on several social media platforms, where she shares updates about her basketball career, philanthropy work, and personal life with her fans and followers.
Twitter: Moore has a verified Twitter account (@MooreMaya) with over 224.7k followers. She uses this platform to share updates about her basketball career, as well as to promote her philanthropy work and advocate for social justice issues.
Instagram: Moore has an Instagram account (@mooremaya) with over 276k followers. On this platform, she shares photos and videos from her basketball games, training sessions, and personal life.
Facebook: Moore has a Facebook account where she shares updates about her basketball career and philanthropy work. Moore’s social media presence allows her to connect with her fans and followers, and to use her platform as a professional athlete to promote causes she cares about.
It’s worth noting that Moore is not only an active player but also an advocate who uses her social media platforms to promote her philanthropy work and advocate for social justice issues, such as criminal justice reform.
Life Lessons by Maya Moore
Maya Moore is not just a successful basketball player but also a role model who has shared valuable life lessons through her career, philanthropy work, and personal life. Some of the life lessons that can be gleaned from Moore’s experiences include:
Follow your passion: Moore has always had a passion for basketball, and she has pursued it relentlessly throughout her life. This has allowed her to achieve great success in the sport and to inspire others to pursue their own passions.
Believe in yourself: Moore has always believed in herself and her abilities, even when others doubted her. This has allowed her to take risks, push herself to be her best, and achieve her goals.
Work hard: Moore has always worked hard to improve her skills and be the best player she can be. This has allowed her to achieve great success in her sport and to inspire others to work hard to achieve their own goals.
Maya Moore’s Biography
|Real Name||Maya April Moore|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Height||In Feet – 6 ft 0 in|
In Meters – 1.83 m
In Centimeters – 183 cm
|Weight||In Kilograms – 79 kg|
In Pounds – 175 lbs
|Family||Father – N/A|
Mother – Kathryn Moore
Sisters – N/A
Brothers – N/A
“Anything where you’re keeping score, I want to win.”– Maya Moore
Maya Moore Social Media Profiles
Moore is a devout Christian and has been open about her faith throughout her career. She is also known for her philanthropy and activism, particularly her work to advocate for criminal justice reform.
Maya Moore Relationship
Maya Moore is engaged to Jonathan Irons in 2020, Jonathan Irons is an American who was convicted of burglary and assault with a deadly weapon in 1997, he was sentenced to 50 years in prison. Moore has been working to help Irons clear his name and has been actively advocating for criminal justice reform.
Maya Moore Net Worth
As of 2023, Maya Moore’s net worth is estimated to be $500 thousand. Moore finishes her eight-year WNBA career with four championship titles, one WNBA Finals MVP award (2013), one WNBA MVP award (2014), and six All-Star selections.
More Basketball Players:
• Magic Johnson Net Worth • Carl Crawford Net Worth • Michael Beasley Net Worth • Ryan Braun Net Worth